Friday, November 18, 2016

Week 11 Blog 2

I wanted to blog about the benefits of joining yelp and linked'n in, as these two advertising mediums interested me the greatest. 

I have not set up a yelp account yet due to the fact that I have not sold any products currently, however, once my company does begin selling, I will make sure to. The benefits of yelp are infinite, however, the consequences for a faulty product are tremendous. 
I looked up popular companies that I know of that have sold eccentric chokers and crystal necklaces and none of them had signed up for yelp. This surprised me, but I decided to keep digging and found some shops that sold crystals and read their reviews. 
Crystal Works was the first I came across, and their reviews were fantastic. They are a crystal shop in Austin, Texas that sells genuine crystals, meditation tools, spiritual novels, and jewelry. They had 53 reviews with a 4.5 star rating. The price range of their products are listed as well as their hours. 
Another shop I found when searching on Yelp was Rock Star Crystals, which is located in New York. It had a 3.5 star rating which was much lower than Crystal Works, and was lower on the list.
 I found establishments with low ratings did not show up on yelp until pages down. If you have good reviews on yelp, your facility will come up first and you are much more likely to get customers. 

I also researched Groupon and was surprised by the deals they had for choker necklaces. The majority of the products had discounts that were 90% off, which almost seemed like a scam to me. There were products whose original price was $69.00, and were going for $6.90. I know that Groupon is a great site for entertainment deals, spa packages, and restaurant coupons, but for products, it seems rather cheap. I read the reviews for a product similar to my own, and they were pretty poor. The product that was said to be originally $69.00 and was going for $6.90 was said to be cheap and not genuine. If I were to post my product on Groupon, I would list my original price as $25.00 and make my discount price at $19.99. This will make my product look more realistic and people will get what they are paying for. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Tiffany,

    Great job with this weeks’ post, both locations are truly helpful in the world of online business, although, despite having an account in both platforms, have never used either for my business. I have left reviews on yelp! which have been both good and bad, but no matter the review, it was always honest, which I regard to be the highest importance.

    On a funny note, I left a review for Culligan Water some time back, almost a year, I think, and recently had an employee at my home for some maintenance. When the associate came to my home, he knew who I was already – my review wasn’t bad, it was honest, and apparently it was later used by the owner of the company in a training seminar, which I would have otherwise never had known. So, long story short, you never know how valuable these two online services could be until you try.

    Also, I wanted to make a comment regarding the 90% off coupon you recently discovered, and wanted to say: “DON’T WORRY!” This week is probably the worst week in history to search sales, deals and coupons, as all the prices are vastly different than their actual price or actual sale price because of this crazy consumer-based holiday. So, when you see a huge discount, don’t immediately think it is a scam, but consider the shopping events quickly approaching and check again later.

    Otherwise, fantastic post. Thank you for sharing.

    Respectfully

    Jennette Leigh

    ReplyDelete