Saturday, November 12, 2016

Week 10 Blog One

Newsletters can be a very efficient forms of advertising for several reasons. The two main reasons stand as so; they remind their customers about their business and can make the customer feel special with customized messages. Because the customer feels valued, they are more likely going to want to either donate or purchase from the given company. When I worked for the animal rescue, I would create personalized newsletters thanking my donors for signing up for the newsletters. I would also send out future event invites and let my donors know of volunteer opportunities. For my up and coming company, it may be a little more difficult to think of newsletter ideas.

The first newsletter I can send out for my crystal company would be a welcome email similar to the one I sent out for my animal rescue. This will just thank my customers for the interest and let them know a bit about my product.

For birthdays or anniversaries, I could send out a newsletter giving a discount to my loyal customers. As mentioned in the power point,  this is likely going to encourage a customer to buy my product whereas they may not have previously. Maybe I will send a personalized birthday souvenir when a purchase is made if it's an individuals birthday. For major holidays, I would send out newsletters with discount opportunities and our seasonal products. I have already thought of a few different product ideas for the season and think this would be a nice touch.

If anyone makes large purchase orders, I would send a newsletter thanking them for their loyalty. I feel like this will show my loyal customers that I appreciate them. I may send a discount for future purchases as well. 

Lastly, I will send newsletter just about the general whereabouts of Crystal Coven. This may include any trade shows or street fairs Crystal Coven may attend, and what products will be launching. It is important to inform guests of future products as well as current to keep their interest. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffany. I think with a business like yours you could use a lot of images of crystals and give customers some background info on them. I know noting about crystals personally, so seeing pictures and them incorporated in different types of jewelry would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your idea of sending a thank you newsletter for loyal customers or large purchases. Customization always makes a customer feel special and helps with retention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Articles about how crystals form, how they are mined or processed would be interesting. Even a video of how you work with them to make your creations could be linked to the Newsletter. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As an idea, I think it would be cool to have monthly stone themes where you promote, feature, and maybe have deals on some special or rare stone.

    ReplyDelete